Since its formation in 1978, Moore Concrete Products Ltd has developed into a world class, quality focused, precast concrete manufacturer based outside Ballymena. The company is customer focus led, ensuring the continued evolution of our extensive product range, designed to meet the requirements of civil infrastructure, agriculture and building customers across the UK & Ireland.
Moore Concrete’s Apprenticeship Programme is an opportunity that we pride ourselves in offering to young apprentices studying all levels of apprenticeships, providing them with the platform to upskill, develop their knowledge and gain relevant work experience alongside their studies. We have an on-site Apprentice Mentor who is available for unlimited support and guidance, as well as quarterly Apprentice Reviews to grasp a deeper understanding of what our Apprentices have learnt and how else we can accommodate them to help grow their technical ability within their role.
We are currently recruiting Apprentices to join our growing team. The purpose of this role is to allow apprentices to upskill and develop throughout the business, which will coincide with their studies - benefitting them academically as well. Apprentices are offered a rotation plan, giving them the chance to rotate throughout the company, opening their options to a number of different careers paths (quality, batching, welding, joinery, civil engineering, purchasing etc) – we will work alongside each individual to help cater their needs to grow.
Company benefits include a competitive salary, free car parking, pension scheme, healthcare scheme, company performance related payment scheme, sickness payment scheme, paid holidays and a cycle to work scheme.
Hours of Work: Hours will be variable between 32 - 48 hours per week as needed. Standard hours of work will be Monday – Friday 06:00am – 15:00pm or 08:00am to 17:00pm however flexibility to work overtime and/or Saturdays as necessary is essential. Please make HR aware of what day(s) you will require for day release to apprenticeship training provider.
Depending on area within the business, apprentices will be expected to:
· Bring a high quality and efficient approach to all processes involved in
· Use skills learnt within further education to bring across different approaches and outlooks on processes to work more efficiently – working alongside management to bring these points across
· Preparing moulds, pouring concrete, producing all planned products
· Ability to read technical drawings
· Draw risk assessments and method statements for each department
· Drive continuous improvement of the quality-systems throughout the company. Ensure compliance throughout all projects in terms of quality standards.
· Ensuring quality checks are completed on products produced in the factory
· Represent the company in a professional manner with clients/ potential clients when required
· Manage the quality of concrete mix produced by the batching plant
· Maintain the batching plant and equipment
· Control the supply of concrete mix to both factories and customers
· Involvement in projects of varying scale from conception through to completion.
· Assess and understanding project requirements.
· Undertake design across a number of disciplines.
· Agree timescales and specifications with clients and managers
· Contribute to the formulation of design concepts and approaches using CAD software packages and 3D modelling tools
· Produce design calculations and drawings and provide input into multi-disciplinary reports and technical proposals
· Any other duties as required by your Unit Leader/Manager
· Willingness to learn and upskill
· Studying or applying to study a Higher-Level Apprenticeship
· Understanding of Health & Safety at work
· Flexibility in working hours and strong adaptability skills
· Good communication and teamwork experience
· Willing to clean and maintain working area
· An understanding of both written and spoken English
· Previous work experience in a working environment
· The ability to read technical/construction drawings
· Experience with hand / air and power tools